RE: unix vs. nt for cgi

by "David Clapper" <dclapper(at)clioassociates.com>

 Date:  Fri, 8 Jun 2001 09:55:36 -0700
 To:  magic32(at)jps.net hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hi Roger,

You shouldn't need any miracles ... I (and many others, I think)
do CGI on NT all the time.  Your hosting service should be able
to tell you what you can and can't do CGI-wise on the box.

The server needs to be configured properly (just like for a Unix
box) - that you have the right software (for example, Perl with
the right modules and so on), that the webserver (IIS? Apache?)
is configured properly to execute CGI ... .  You may need to
modify your script if it access the file system, 'cause of course
it's different on NT than on Unix.

HTH ... contact me off-list if you have more questions ...

David Clapper

Windows NT