Re: border headaches

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Mon, 29 Jan 2001 22:03:34 -0800
 To:  "Noteworthy Web Designs" <webmaster(at)noteworthydesigns.com>,
"HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Karen,

Other than maybe a bit too much of an extension on the edges of you side
diamonds, it doesn't look all that bad... I don't think the average person
is going to notice the minor connectivity problems.

Something to consider, though, would be to design four specific corner
graphics for the corners, and then determine exactly how wide the table must
be to present what you want while lining up the corner and top/bottom parts
perfectly. As for the sides lining up, that can be adjusted at the bottom
with a little bit of "white space" filler to lengthen the up-down part of
the text region so the edges liine up properly as well. I'll admit right now
that I DID NOT look at the source code, just the final results, so what I
describe might not be feasable here.

Of course, that's assuming I understand your problem correctly. :-)

I've always tried to avoid repeating patterns in navbars and borders for
just this reason, but from what I see, the four-corners trick may be all you
need to do to get what you want.

Good luck,
Kehvan