Re: Opera tables (was: Score one for Mozilla)

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:32:01 -0800
 To:  "Peter-Paul Koch" <gassinaumasis(at)hotmail.com>,
<gregor.pirnaver(at)email.si>
 Cc:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Odd... While I admit to seeing the stretched table effect in Opera, for
where I use tables, it's generally not that big of a deal for the site.
Confining TDs using CSS or inline styles helps, though, but isn't perfect.
The one thing I've not encountered (perhaps due to the inline or CSS styles
I use) is Paul's mention of all the excess space being dumped in the last
TD... That is odd... The worst I've seen of Opera's table adjustments is to
make SOME cells a bit larger, but when it does, it usually makes ALL the
cells larger, not just one.

Okay, so you guys have found some additional quirks about Opera and tables I
didn't feel were all that important. I guess they are. Opera also has other
quirks in it's rendering. But OVERALL, I still have to say I prefer Opera
6's rendering of NewTech pages over Netscape 4's rendering of the same page
any day. But that's me.

As for Konqueror, thanks for clearing that misconception of mine up Gregor!
I thought I had read somewhere that it uses the Gecko engine. My bad. That's
one of the reasons I'm interested in getting a Linux/WinXP dual-boot setup
one of these days, so I can learn more about Linux, it's browsers, and how
my pages render in it...

Have a good day,
Kehvan

:: NORTON ANTI-VIRUS 2002 scanned this email prior to sending. It is free
:: of any known embedded or attached viruses, trojans, or internet worms.