Re: mac+aol problem

by Brian V Bonini <b-bonini(at)cox.net>

 Date:  20 Feb 2003 08:19:48 -0500
 To:  Michael Southwell <MSouthwell(at)bigfoot.com>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques-digest(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 22:40, Michael Southwell wrote:
> Hi, everybody,
>
> I have a new site almost ready to go public and have heard from mac+aol
> testers that they can't access it.  I know that percentage font sizing has
> the potential for problems, but I'm not doing any of that.  It's all CSS
> (no tables) with valid CSS; the html won't validate because of mouseovers
> but is otherwise ok.

Checking with Linux/Mozilla, looks fine...

BTW: You page is NOT failing validation because your using "mouseovers".
The problem is your using "onMouseOver" and "onMouseOut" and xhtml needs
to see all smaller case tags and attributes. Change those to onmouseover
and onmouseout and your page will validate perfectly.

-Brian