RE: Popup Killers

by Brian V Bonini <b-bonini(at)cox.net>

 Date:  09 May 2003 12:26:14 -0400
 To:  blue(at)bluesarthouse.com
 Cc:  HWG Techniques <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 11:23, Blue Tapp Scheffer wrote:
> Hi all ~
> Brian, not trying to be rude but maybe you didn't read Darrell's second
> paragraph.  Believe it or not, there REALLY ARE legitimate NON-ADVERTISING
> uses for js popup windowns.  I too am interested in answers to this
> question.  I use popups a lot and NEVER for advertising.  In gallery sites
> for example...the user clicks on a thumbnail and views the larger graphic in
> a spawned window.

Of course there are, why would you think I was referring to all
incarnations of pop-ups?
As I stated "un-authorized pop-ups" I said nothing about pop up windows in general
and was only referring to all the ads that pop-up involuntarily. Of course a user initiated
pop up is not an issue, the user caused it to open under their own action, duh.. ;-)