Re: Question on domain names

by Brian V Bonini <b-bonini(at)cox.net>

 Date:  03 Jun 2003 13:54:06 -0400
 To:  Carole Goodwin <carole(at)devons.com>
 Cc:  HWG Techniques <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 13:32, Carole Goodwin wrote:
> Appreciate the replies and good ideas. I agree with the having to
> explain part. I too like a name that is easy to remember from one
> minute to the next and that doesn't require spelling, etc. That is why
> I have shied away from using the "dash." Then, you have to say "dash."
> My first domain name had dashes in it and I declined to renew that when
> the time came. Too much trouble.

Yup, but if you have to compromise joe-shmoe.com requires less
explanation then joeshmoe2.com (which mimics an aol email prefix more
then a TLD) albeit "joe dash shmoe.com" does not exactly roll off ones
lips...

> The client had already come up with some solutions of her own as to
> adding another word after the name (ie: businessnameplus.com). So, what
> she has might work if she wants to use it. I'll see if she wants more
> suggestions and then I would have no problem sharing with the list. You
> guys are a wealth of ideas and I can always get good answers here when
> I am stuck.

biznameonline.com is sometimes a good alternative... and of course don't
forget all the alt. TLD's available now, .biz, .info, etc...