Re[2]: Date/LastModified Question

by Nathan Lyle <natelyle(at)chartermi.net>

 Date:  Thu, 13 Sep 2001 13:49:58 -0400
 To:  Larry Coats <thewolves(at)bigfoot.com>
 Cc:  javascript <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>>         if (fyear < 2000);
>>         fyear = fyear + 1900;

> The main culprit is the semicolon after if (fyear < 2000); -- the
> semicolon is a "do-nothing" statement, and the next line is executed
> unconditionally.

<slap> This is one of those moments I feel like a complete moron. :)
This is what happens when a person tries to conform everything to
their way of doing things. I had added semicolons to the script
because it's easier for me to keep track of stuff (I know Javascript
doesn't require them) and apparently didn't pay enough attention to
where I was adding them. Ack.

Thank you for your insight!

~Nathan Lyle   (The Tragic Comedian Poet)

Email: natelyle(at)chartermi.net
Phone: (906)485-4806
  Web: www.nathanlyle.com

"Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not. In either case the idea is quite staggering." - Arthur C. Clarke.