Re[2]: Form Field Names

by Nathan Lyle <natelyle(at)chartermi.net>

 Date:  Fri, 17 May 2002 16:06:44 -0400
 To:  HWG Techniques Email List <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> As two examples.  Personally, I think you should name them
> however you want... whatever will help you remember them
>  the easiest.

There's one page I'm working on where it would be nice to include an
entire sentence as the field name, so that when the person gets the
form info by email, the answer that's entered makes sense with the
question without having to look up and match numbers.

I guess my main question is whether or not a short sentence is
allright as a field name.

Example: "Which side of the earth is the moon on right now?"

> Javascript and most other scripting languages would have a heart
> attack if you tried referencing an object that started with a number,
> whether or not it's valid HTML or not.

I thought I remembered Javascript having issues with spaces in a name,
too.

~ Nathan Lyle (The U.P. Web Maestro)

  E-Mail: natelyle(at)chartermi.net
  Personal URI: www.nathanlyle.com
  Work URI: www.upwebmaestro.com

"I write [music] as a sow piddles." - Mozart