Re: non-editable text area

by Nathan Lyle <natelyle(at)chartermi.net>

 Date:  Tue, 21 Aug 2001 18:31:41 -0400
 To:  Emerald Spirit <emerald_spirit(at)yahoo.com>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
><rebecca>
> I need a scrollable box like a text area that is
> non-editable.  Simply a way to view the data.  Its on
> a form.  I don't want to use frames.

I saw the stylesheet solution to this... but could it also be done
with an event handler? I haven't tried either, this is just my random
thought after reading the message. Something like:

<.textarea name="blah" cols="20" rows="5"
onFocus="this.blur();">Blah blah blah blah<./textarea>

(minus the dots, of course)

~Nathan Lyle   (The Tragic Comedian Poet)

Email: natelyle(at)chartermi.net
Phone: (906)485-4806
  Web: www.nathanlyle.com

"Music, to create harmony, must investigate discord." - Plutarch