Re[2]: Limited Options AGH!

by Nathan Lyle <natelyle(at)chartermi.net>

 Date:  Sat, 27 Oct 2001 20:13:46 -0400
 To:  Hank Marquardt <hmarq(at)yerpso.net>
 Cc:  javascript <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> The times I've done this they've (the client/rouge uni department:)) always
> gone to a .org or even .com for the project -- plus they register a more
> descriptive domain name fitting their mission/cause/whatever -- though if
> the powers that be only object to running services and not the project itself
> you could probably run as a third level domain within the .edu stucture just
> running your own box --

They (the dept.) have mentioned possibly trying to get me hired on as
a staff member, in which case I think this option (having our own
server in as a sub domain on the university network) would be what I
would want to suggest and go with. It would give us the most
flexibility. There's currently no one in the deptartment that could
manage this, however, so it's dependent on them hiring someone who
can. :)  Who knows....

~Nathan Lyle   (The Tragic Comedian Poet)

Email: natelyle(at)chartermi.net
Phone: (906)485-4806
  Web: www.nathanlyle.com

"Sometimes when I consider what tremendous consequences come from little things - I am tempted to think there are no little things." - Bruce Barton