Re[2]: PHP / Date / Timezone

by Nathan Lyle <nathan(at)upwebmaestro.com>

 Date:  Tue, 4 Jun 2002 22:06:59 -0400
 To:  Al Sessions <al(at)oldforgefd.org>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>>I'm finding lots of complicated date comparison techniques and so-on,
>>but nothing about adjusting for time zone.

> Something like this may work for you.
> $hourdiff = "14";
> $timeadjust = ($hourdiff * 60 * 60);
> $mytime = date("l, d F Y h:i a",time() + $timeadjust); print ("$mytime");

This was *exactly* what I was looking for... thanks! I knew it
probably had something to do with throwing in a modified timestamp,
but I wasn't able to work out exactly how to set up the timestamp
right. This did the trick though... thanks!

~ The U.P. Web Maestro (Nathan Lyle)

  E-Mail: nathan(at)upwebmaestro.com
  Online: www.upwebmaestro.com
   Phone: (906)485-4806

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943.