Re[4]: Form Field Names

by Nathan Lyle <natelyle(at)chartermi.net>

 Date:  Sat, 18 May 2002 02:04:23 -0400
 To:  HWG Techniques Email List <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> ah yes, the old form field email echo
> you shoulda said
> in that case, why not use CamelCase (see http://urlizer.com/00/493/ )
> so your field name would be
>      WhichSideOfTheEarthIsTheMoonOnRightNow

That's actually been my traditional solution (programmer habit) but,
it depends on who's reading the mail, and whether or not they're
easily confused. I'm used to seeing phrases like your's above, but
that's mostly because one of my professors had a nack for liking
really long descriptive variables. Like
NumberForWhichTheLoopShallRepeatItselfAsManyTimesAsStated... we gave
him a hard time about his style. ;-) The above isn't a real example...
but he did tend to be verbose with his variables.

> (by the way, the answer is "the back side")

I always thought it was "the dark side". Oh wait, that's what side of
the *moon* that the *earth* would be on. Never mind. :)

~ Nathan Lyle (The U.P. Web Maestro)

  E-Mail: natelyle(at)chartermi.net
  Personal URI: www.nathanlyle.com
  Work URI: www.upwebmaestro.com

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams (1952- ), British writer. The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Introduction.