Re[2]: Meta Tags....??? Help

by Thom Bradley <thombrad(at)visi.net>

 Date:  Sat, 7 Oct 2000 22:27:13 -0400
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
   I don't get any hits doing a search for buddybar.com on Yahoo. I used
       cargo bar retainer load lock
       That's derivatives of the first words they use repeatedly in
       their Meta tags.

If anyone else gets a hit let us know, but with Yahoo being such a
high use engine, if it don't pull up there it's worthless AFAI care.

Everything I have read lately leads me to believe sites that use these
techniques get dropped by engines that rely heavily on Meta tags. This
technique won't work for engines that scan the text of the body to
rank.

The leading pages of the searches I performed did not use an obvious
method such as the examples given us.

At this cursory research it appears as if it is an easy way to display
an effort made to generate an excellent ranking but, I now suspect it
is just that, a show.

This is just my opinion in an opinion poll of 1, are others getting
similar results?

Thom Bradley

--
Best regards,
 Thom                            mailto:thombrad(at)visi.net