Re[6]: compact forms

by Nathan Lyle <nathan(at)upwebmaestro.com>

 Date:  Tue, 13 Aug 2002 00:57:59 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
> hardcode it in the .js file
> (and don't forget to change it when you revise the .js file)
> how were you thinking of displaying it?  that should be your clue

I'm basically going to have to do something like that... but I was
trying to make it easier for my wife who does the updating in the file
(but isn't familiar with Javascript) and make one less thing to
remember, plus, once I realized I didn't know how to do it, it kind of
became a personal thing. <grin> I hate finding out I *can't* do
something.

FTR, I found a site showing how to do something like I wanted to do
with Javascript, but it seemed to be using (I assume) active x? When I
tried using it, IE began sounding alarms left and right and I quickly
decided I didn't want to mess with that. (A visitor to the site isn't
going to want to grant permission to see the last modified date.) :)

~ The U.P. Web Maestro (Nathan Lyle)

  E-Mail: nathan(at)upwebmaestro.com
  Online: www.upwebmaestro.com
   Phone: (906)485-4806

"2 + 2 = 5, for extremely large values of 2."