Re[2]: Disabling "View Source"

by Nathan Lyle <nathan(at)upwebmaestro.com>

 Date:  Tue, 9 Jul 2002 23:13:56 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I haven't found anything that disables "view source" but there's a nice
> little compiler I picked up on the web that compiles the source into
> scrambled letters and code that is readable by the browsers but not readily
> readable otherwise. For an example, look at:
> http://www.felinerescue.net/CPN/archive6.htm

Maybe this has already been said (I didn't catch the beginning of this
thread) - but I'm having a hard time imagining *why* this would be
something worth doing. If it's a matter of protecting text content,
it's still easy to just select and copy that out. Images can be taken
from the cache, etc... and complicating the code by replacing
characters or using unecessary javascript seems like begging for
browser compatibility problems. Is it just me?

~ The U.P. Web Maestro (Nathan Lyle)

  E-Mail: nathan(at)upwebmaestro.com
  Online: www.upwebmaestro.com
   Phone: (906)485-4806

"If debugging is the process of removing software bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in."