Re: New Feeds... How to?

by JASON M <dawgclan(at)shaw.ca>

 Date:  Sun, 06 Feb 2005 12:54:11 -0800
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
The beauty of RSS is that it is flexible... Doesn't cater to their needs? So make it cater? You can create RSS feeds via PHP so you can put whatever you want in the XML. I rip things out of XML pages via PHP's xml parsing abilities and then write my RSS feed with node data from those remote XML pages. You could do something similar which is why RSS is such a popular choice. PHP + RSS can pretty much do everything that you want.

Regards,

Jason Mainwaring
A+ Service Technician
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
MCSA Messaging
Certified Novell Administrator
Phone: (02) 9908 4244
Mobile: 0413 161 708