Re: Cable Service (OT)

by Rob Mastro <lyrictung(at)abac.com>

 Date:  Sat, 22 Apr 2000 01:14:35 -0500
 To:  "Hwg-Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
<martyh(at)erinet.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Martin,

Tis standard procedure these days to block mail relays. The standard
definition of a "relay" is to be logged into your ISP and attempt to
send mail through the SMTP server of another domain.

Most of the time you can alleviate the problem by altering the
configuration of your email accounts (in your software). Change all
your SMTP server settings to the SMTP (outgoing) mail server address
for the ISP you are logged into. This will not effect the 'From' &
'Reply-to' addresses or the receipt of mail from any POP server.

-Rob

--
Best regards,
 Rob                            mailto:lyrictung(at)abac.com