Re: site opens in multiple windows

by Donna Smillie <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Tue, 05 Aug 2003 19:09:30 +0100
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  Charles <interiordesigner(at)rogers.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Actually I think it's one of your browser settings which is preventing
Netscape from also opening links in a new window (see Edit -
Preferences - Advanced - Scripts & Plugins - Allow web pages to: Open
a link in a new window) - I've got Netscape (7) set to allow links to
open in a new window, and that's what it's doing on your site,
Charles, just like IE.

I may be wrong, but I think that you're using the same Flash object as
before for the navigation bar, and that the links coded there include
a "target" attribute (originally to target the appropriate frame)
which, since there is no longer a frame with that name, now triggers a
new browser window.  If that's what's causing this, you'll need to
amend the Flash object to change the link codes, or create a new Flash
object, or dispense with it and switch to HTML instead.

HTH...

Donna