Re: which dynamic web language?

by Eric Frazier <ef(at)kwinternet.com>

 Date:  Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:05:55 -0500
 To:  Kukla Fran and Ollie <weblists2001(at)yahoo.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
KISS, well you know.  I do agree though. How many stupid arguments end up
with the resolution of, "Well what we really need is a wholeistic approach"
Well that is it, so it just means the answers were not the problem in this
case, the question never should have been asked.

The question to ask would have been, "What is a logical starting point for
my students to learn web development, that takes into account the complex
interopperation of OSs, Internet standards, software, and programming?

That I think would be a hard question to answer, but a better question.

Eric

At 03:02 PM 3/25/02 -0800, Kukla Fran and Ollie wrote:
>Funny no one seems to mentioning the KISS Principle here.
>
>All of the web programming languages have positive and not so positive
>attributes.  What is probably more important is the web developer's skills
>and abilities with a language or two they are very good at using, coupled
>with an optimized web server for those languages, with all of this meeting
>the client's/customer's requirements.
>
>Anything beyond that really amounts to ego wanking.  :)
>

>Kukla

http://www.kwinternet.com/eric
(250) 655 - 9513 (PST Time Zone)

Learn about the net, not the .Net!