Re: PHP includes

by Eric Frazier <ef(at)kwinternet.com>

 Date:  Wed, 15 May 2002 16:19:02 -0400
 To:  Marjorie MacDonald <mmacdonald(at)del.net>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Shouldn't someone mention that this is a horrible way to to make a website
and it can lead to massive confusion for a someone trying to take over the
development? That require, include, used in that way is little better than a
GOTO statement..

Eric

At 06:32 PM 5/15/02 -0400, Marjorie MacDonald wrote:
>Sure you can. I do it all the time. And you do it in exactly the same
>way, though the actual syntax is different (include tags are different,
>you don't use the brackets, etc.). You can also use the if/elseif
>construction to make one big long set of if/then conditions.
>
>Works great.
>
>Marge MacDonald
>

>> Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 13:28:48 -0400
>> From: "Guy M. Fisher" <guyfisher(at)email.com> <mailto:guyfisher(at)email.com>
>> Subject: PHP Includes

>> includes can be used ad nauseum. <<
>>
>> Not only can you use includes by using PHP's include() or require()
>> functions, but you can include files conditionally:
>>
>> if (TRUE) {
>>
>> 	include("this.txt");
>>
>> }
>>
>> else {
>>
>> 	include("that.txt");
>>
>> }
>>
>> You can't do that in ASP, can you?
>>
>> While we're on the topic of PHP include files, I'm looking for a
>> Windows-based host with PHP that provides each account with a separate
>> PHP include directory or allows customized include_path settings. I'm
>> developing a PHP-powered site that has to use an MS Access database and
>> my current host (http://www.hostway.com) won't change my include_path
>> from its useless ".." setting. I'd rather not have to throw a
>> path-sniffing script onto every page just to use some global includes.
>>
>> What I'd really covet is an Apache host with ODBC access to an Access
>> database. Anybody ever run across this elusive beast?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> Guy M. Fisher
>>
>> Cleveland, Ohio
>> guyfisher(at)email.com <mailto:guyfisher(at)email.com>
>>
>> guyfisher.com | Hand-Crafted Bookmarklets
>> http://www.guyfisher.com/builder/bookmarklets/

http://www.kwinternet.com/eric
(250) 655 - 9513 (PST Time Zone)

"Inquiry is fatal to certainty." -- Will Durant