Re: producing results from list of choices

by "Mike Kear" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Fri, 21 Jan 2000 01:53:10 EST
 To:  adrian(at)gn.apc.org,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hey  Adrian, that's exactly what I'm looking for!   I have a directory site,
where someone puts in the suburb they live in (anywhere in the country) and
the database gives them  the  names and addresses of some of our customers
in their area.

The problem arises cos there's 5800 identified suburbs around Australia.
That's a kinda long drop down list.   So I'm wanting to have them put their
state first, ( or perhaps a part of a state e.g.  northern Vicoria) and then
have a drop down list of the suburbs in that part of the country.

Can you give us more details of how you do this?  And which flavour of
javascript you're using?

Cheers,
Mike Kear
AFP Web Development