Re: link checking - Text editor

by "Mike Kear" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Sat, 29 Jan 2000 11:31:40 EST
 To:  arcady(at)jps.net,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
To answer your (implied) question, there is a text editor with all these
functions and more ...

A friend introduced me to Ultra Edit (www.ultraedit.com).  It can search and
replace in hex or ASCii over entire directories, open files of unlimited
size, it's a hex editor as well as ASCII,  it has colour coding of HTML
files, you can select in text or column mode, has a spell checker,   and
there are a zillion other features.

I never use notepad - I find it a real wimp of an app after Ultra Edit.

Cheers,
Mike Kear
AFP Web Development
Windsor, NSW, Australia