Re: Creating a gallery of images

by "Mike Kear" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Thu, 03 Feb 2000 21:38:20 EST
 To:  harsh(at)pspl.co.in,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  choicemag(at)hotmail.com
  todo: View Thread, Original
You make it sound like the only measure of software's worth is whether or
not it's free.

If FREE had been a part of the equation, I wouldn't have made any reply.
My experience of 30+ years in IT is while there are lots of free programs,
they are rarely free in total cost.  There's usually a price to be paid in
that there's no installation help or they are difficult to maintain or some
such.  I have no idea what your PERL routines are like, but as I said, my
experience of freeware is you usually get what you pay for.

Be happy with your freeware, there might be others interested in that too.
I'm happy with my solutions.  They work well for my shop and we can quickly
produce what we need and rarely have clients wanting them changed because
they dont like the quality.

Cheers,
Mike Kear
AFP Web Development