Re: [RE: .pdfBatchMeister? - looking for a review]

by Alice Kim <katlyn(at)usa.net>

 Date:  4 Feb 00 15:39:24 EST
 To:  Rebecca Campbell <rcampbel(at)standard.com>,
HWG Techniques <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Rebecca -

   If you have the full-blown copy of Adobe Acrobat (the editing program =
that
comes with Distiller, not just the reader), you can set up 'watched folde=
rs'
and then dump your postscript files into these folders for Acrobat to con=
vert
these into pdf format.  Not sure if this will eat up the processor time f=
or
large jobs.  Looks like you can set how often Distiller will check for ne=
files in these folders.  For more info, check out the help file that come=
with Adobe Acrobat.

     Alice Kim

Rebecca Campbell <rcampbel(at)standard.com> wrote:
> thanks to those who've responded.  i think i should clarify a bit...
> =

> we're currently using a .pdf driver that converts a word document to a
=2Epdf,
> so that part's covered.
> =

> what we're going to be doing is converting a very large number of docum=
ents
> (potentially 1600/month), some of which have 25+ pages.  because of thi=
s,
it
> doesn't work to convert them all separately, so we want to save all the=

> files out to a directory (either as a word or a postscript document) an=
> then have a conversion utility go to this directory, run through it, an=
> spit out .pdf files without anybody having to do anything other than ki=
ck
it