Re: Forum Software

by "Mike Kear" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Sat, 05 Feb 2000 11:23:41 EST
 To:  melanie.gann(at)erols.com,
HWG-Techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

At the free end, there's any number of free cgi scripts you can get from the
cgi archives such as www.cgi-resources.com or Matt's script archive (
http://worldwidemart.com/scripts/ )

For supported, fully professional forum software, a few of my clients  use
Web Crossings (www.lundeen.com ).  We'e never tested it to this extent, but
they claim to be able to handle up to 100,000 messages a day.  It's fully
configurable, but the default is fully workable.  Just install and get
started.  The formatting and processing uses templates, so by changing the
templates, you can alter any aspect you want.  It has a live chat add-on too
if you want that.

Cheers,
Mike Kear
AFP Web Development