Re: Fw: Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and mouseovers

by "Mike Kear" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Sun, 13 Feb 2000 22:34:45 EST
 To:  lvl(at)omnitec.net,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
This whole button thing is outlined in the help files of Fireworks 3 far
better than I could do it myself.

If you're doing 3D buttons, then you can make then look like they are being
depressed by having the "up" or normal state with a drop shadow of (say)
Distance 7, 65%, softness 4,  angle 315 degrees (the default).   In the next
frame, which will become the "down" state, the shadow is to be Distance 4,
65%, softness 2,  angle 135 degrees
making it look like it's depressed below the surface.

When the mouse moves over the button the image switches from one to the
other, looking like it's being depressed.   You can also add glow to make it
look like it's letting a light shine out of it, or change the button's
colour or any other change.

I hope this helps you.

Cheers,
Mike Kear