Re: A couple of questions - 1 asp, 1 forms

by "Eric Anderson" <blainesoft(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Fri, 10 Mar 2000 10:00:45 EST
 To:  nwieland(at)tampabay.rr.com,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

>I have two questions:
>
>1.  Does anyone know why this code will not work?
>
><%
>If straffiliate2 <> "" then
>response.write "<!--#include virtual='/inc/LP.inc' -->"
>else
>response.write (" ")
>end if
>%>

Assuming the include file exists and the path is correct, I'd wager that you
can't use an include file that way. What happens if you read the include
file into a variable and then do a response.write of the variable? I'll bet
that would work.

If not, then the first part of your if/then test is never true. Put
something in your else response.write and see if that's always being
returned.

>2.  How do you include two actions in a form action - i.e.  a confirmation
>page and a cgi to write to a text file. Is it as simple as:
>
><form method="post" action="write.cgi;confirmation.asp">

I don't know whether this would work or not, but it's not the best way to do
it anyway. Have your confirmation.asp page write out the text file as well
as returning the confirmation. Why do you need two pages for what can be
easily handled by one?

Eric Anderson