Re: User connected for long periods ... any ideas?

by "Mike Kear" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Wed, 15 Mar 2000 15:07:07 EST
 To:  hwg(at)myrealbox.com,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

It's Media House Live Stats v5.0

And right now, the package says this about that particular user:

<ip address>  NET: <name of his host computer>  RDNS: n/a
Origin:   Sao Tome    Time:   641 min   Hits / Kb:    412 / 6298.53Kb

So, for now he's been attached in a session for 641minutes, he's hit the
page 412 times, and downloaded 6.2MB.

A "session" expires after fifteen minutes of inactivity, meaning no hits
have been made on the Web site for 15 minutes.

So why would one computer want to keep hitting our site  hour after hour on
the same page?

Cheers,
Mike Kear
AFP Web Development