Re: User connected for long periods ... any ideas?

by "Mike Kear" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:20:50 EST
 To:  webmaster(at)rossidesigns.net,
choicemag(at)hotmail.com,
darrell(at)webctr.com,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Thanks for your suggestion, however it's the main home page - the one search
engines link to.

There's another ip address too, that connected 30 seconds after the first
one, and they've both been hitting the home page default.htm repeatedly for
48 hours now.

I'm coming to the conclusion that there's no good coming from these users,
although it's helping the hit stats a little.  Even if it doesnt hurt us at
all (apart from small amounts of bandwidth) they aren't up to anything good.
   So when I get the ok from the client I'm going to block those ip
addresses and see if anyone calls to complain.

I'll let you know what happens :)

Cheers,
Mike Kear
AFP Web Development