Re: [Arachnophilia [was HomeSite]]

by Carl Salaski <banzaimktg(at)usa.net>

 Date:  9 Apr 00 00:13:49 MDT
 To:  John Allred <webmaster(at)mscounties.com>,
Arcady <arcady(at)jps.net>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi!
   I'll second that. I often find myself pulling out Arachnophilia rather=
 than
Dreamweaver3 also, especially on files where I want to do alot of  hand
coding.
   And it doesn't require alot of my ram so I can also have multiple Apps=
 and
windows open at the same time.
   In my opinion, one of the best tag editors around, simple, yet powerfu=
l,
with many of the convenience features found in more expensive programs.
   And best of all, it's free! Or rather, Careware.

Carl Salaski
Banzai Design

 =

John Allred <webmaster(at)mscounties.com> wrote:
Arcady wrote:
> =

> Only reason I ever switched off of VI and Notepad over to Homesite and
> BBEdit (like Homesite but on the MAC) was the search and replace
> feature.
>         I wish I could read Word and excel docs into Homesite... It's t=
he
only
> windows app I know of that search and replace for stuff in any director=
> and any file on your system, and across multiple files at once...
> =

A note for people who like text or tag editors and want time saving
features as well. Check out Arachnophilia, a FREE tag editor you can
download from http://www.arachnoid.com. It will not do search and
replace across files in the directory, but it will handle all open
files. It has lots of really powerful features, and it can be customized
better than any app I've seen (this is particularly useful for providing
macro buttons for CSS selectors or any custom tags).

It provides configurable temlates not only for HTML, but for C++, Perl,
JAVA, CGI, and RTF. Speaking of RTF, save your Word and Excel files as
RTF and import. It will convert your lists and tables. Or just use the
clipboard.

This program is really worth a look. For my purposes, I use HomeSite a
great deal, but there are times when Arachnophilia is clearly superior
for certain tasks.

Regards,
John