Re: Weird problem

by "Mike Kear" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Mon, 17 Apr 2000 11:13:53 EST
 To:  jude(at)ica.net,
Hwg-Techniques(at)Mail.Hwg.Org
  todo: View Thread, Original

This would imply there's two of you with the same domain name!   How can
this be?

In any case, don't let the fact they're bigger than you put you off.  If you
had the name first and can prove it, then you have a  number of choices ....
(1) be nice and stand aside and let them ride roughshod over you (not my
recommended choice, but it's an option nevertheless)
(2) Get your lawyer to send them a cease-and-desist letter, with a copy to
the domain name registration authority, demanding they rescind the
registration
(3)  (and this is my favoured remedy) after doing the first half of option
2, and having the company worried that you're going to undo all their plans
and having established that they're the transgressors here, agree to
relinquish your rights to the name in return for a sum of money that would
make Bill Gates swoon, then head for Rio and lie on the beach for the rest
of your days along with the guys who developed ICQ.

Cheers,
Mike Kear
AFP Web Development
Windsor, NSW, Australia