Re: [Re: Can't Open pdfs]

by Alice Kim <katlyn(at)usa.net>

 Date:  24 Apr 00 23:31:51 EDT
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

  Wow - and I thought I was the only one having their visitors have this
problem! Great to see it's not just me, but does anyone know why?  I noti=
ced
that this happened with pdf version 3.0 and 4.0 files, and it seems to be=

visitors to our website that are connecting using Windows 95/98/NT and bo=
th IE
and Netscape.  One person having this problem thought it had something to=
 do
with the memory cache value for Windows....and with everything else, I ha=
ven't
had a chance to verify this; perhaps someone else can?

    Alice Kim

"Maureen A. Barlow" <mobarlow(at)earthlink.net> wrote:
> I have this problem at work, on WinNT4/IE5 with a T1 line.  At home I =

> work on a Mac/OS9/IE5, with a 56k modem, and I don't have this =

> problem (not yet anyway).  I thought I was the only one...
> =

> =

> At 9:02 PM -0400 4/24/2000, Wieland wrote:
> >Has anyone run into a problem where some people can open a pdf and oth=
ers
> >just get a blank screen?  I'm wondering if it has to do with the size =
of
the
> >file or their version of Acrobat or the way the file was saved.  I can=

open