Re: Nested tables and DW templates

by "Mike Kear" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Mon, 01 May 2000 10:29:08 EST
 To:  janet(at)promotioncentral.com,
kjones(at)adam.com.au
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Janet, a variation to this if you're going to use nested tables is to make
Border="1" for the first table, border="3" for the next, and border="5" for
the next so you can see what belongs to what table.    The result looks
horrible but he sure helps you find out what belongs to what.  Then go
through and change all the borders to 0 and the tables do what the're
supposed to.

Another important trick with tables is to have a lot of discipline with how
you actually write the code.  For example, never type <tr> without also
typing </tr>, then use the arrows or mouse to go between the two row tags
and never type <td> without also typing </td>.

If you have a disciplined routine with indenting it's a lot easier too.
Dreamweaver offers a splendid way to tidy all that up with the "Apply source
formatting" command which ensures everything is perfectly laid out.

Cheers,
Mike Kear
AFP Web Development
Windsor, NSW, Australia