Re: Weird Dreamweaver Bug - Not Newbie Question

by "Mike Kear" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Tue, 09 May 2000 10:18:48 EST
 To:  pepe(at)gainsay.com,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I'm assuming you mean in the HTML code, yes?  Not additional <br> tags
appearing in the pages?

If so, it could be caused and/or fixed by editing the file that controls the
"Clean up HTML" command.  In DW3 it's SourceFormat.txt and is found in the
configuration folder under your dreamweaver program folder.  In DW2 it's
called something like Source.Format or Source.Profile.

You can control everything about the way code is presented with this file.
Instructions are at the top of the file.  Open it with your favourite text
editor and go to town (after backing up the original of course in case you
make a mess of it)

HTH

Cheers,
Mike Kear