Re: HTML in Email

by "Mike Kear" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Wed, 10 May 2000 10:50:24 EST
 To:  monclan(at)idcomm.com,
hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Management
>likes the html e-mail. Any good suggestions? Thanks.
>
>---Monica

Yes, Monica.  Tell the management they'd best have an extra good defence
system set up. THey're going to get complaints a-plenty as soon as they
start sending the emails out.

Either that, or hardly anyone's going to read them.  I read most of my
outlook mail in the preview window rather than waiting for the email to
open.  And I **H**A**T**E** the html emails.  Normally they come from porn
sites.

So as soon as I see that coloured background, the delete key gets hit.  I
never read them.    EVER.

Tell your management if they want their emails to look like porn site
promotions, they're on the right track.  While they're about it, why not
redesign the foyer of the company to resemble a Mexican bordello.  And issue
a memo requiring all female employees to cut 5 inches off the hems of their
skirts and double the amount of makeup worn.

OR alternatively, they could have a sensible strategy of using plain text
emails.

Cheers,
Mike Kear
AFP Web Development