Re: designing printable graphics

by =?iso-8859-1?q?Rasika=20Wijayaratne?= <rwijayaratne(at)yahoo.com.au>

 Date:  Sun, 4 Jun 2000 10:20:28 +1000 (EST)
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
The problem is that you are working with 1 bit
pictures which rules out the possibility of having
anti-aliasing (AA).  To have sharp text you need AA.
So you need to be working in greyscale mode rather
than 1-bit/line drawign mode.  Greyscale still offers
good compression levels with GIFS.

--- Stuart McDonald <stuart(at)fourelephants.com> wrote:
> The maps are all b/w line drawings, so I
> automatically thought that GIF was
> the way to go, however the problem I am having is
> that the text is breaking
> up and becoming quite blurry. The maps are generally
> a4 in size and are
> often extremely detailed with street names, icons,
> legend etc etc.

=====
Rasika Wijayaratne
Please visit Buddhist Vihara Victoria