RE: What's error411-length required

by "Mike Kear" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Sat, 10 Jun 2000 03:52:29 EST
 To:  Chucke(at)captura.com,
ssegarra(at)mitre.org,
choicemag(at)hotmail.com
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Thanks a lot guys .. but I'm still in the dark ...

What does "Error 411: Length Required" mean for me trying to interpret what
Linkbot is telling me?  I should see OK everywhere for links that work, but
for every external link I see this 411 error.

Your helpful references?

>http://bigblock.com/support/wri_http.htm
helpfully says that Error 411 means length required.  Adds nothing else.

Yeah. Good.  now tell me something I didnt know already

http://www.ietf.org  has no apparent info about error messages, just heaps
of stuff about the organisation IETF and a zillion other acronyms.  But no
actual information about what error code 411 means.

Or the apache docs can't hurt either.

I dont have Apache, and I'm not about to download all that unless I really
have to.

So I'm still no more informed that I was ages ago.  Linkbot's not testing
the links at all, and instead is reporting every external link as 411:
length required.

What gives?

Cheers,
Mike Kear