RE: What's error411-length required

by "Mike Kear" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Sat, 10 Jun 2000 17:35:51 EST
 To:  Chucke(at)captura.com,
ssegarra(at)mitre.org,
choicemag(at)hotmail.com,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Thanks Chuck,    Now I'm even more confused ....

>Another helpful link for status codes:
>
>http://bigblock.com/support/wri_http.htm

I checked what's to be said on a link-from-a-link from this place and here's
what is says about this error message:

[quote]
10.4.12 411 Length Required

   The server refuses to accept the request without a defined
Content-Length. The client MAY repeat the request if it adds a valid
Content-Length header field containing the length of the message-body in the
request message.
[end quote]

What's this about?? All I'm getting linkbot to do is follow the link on the
page to see if it's alive - so what would be causing this error?   And more
importantly, what do I do to linkbot4.1 to make it check the links properly?

Cheers,
Mike Kear
AFP Web Development
Windsor, NSW, Australia