Re: XHTML

by "Peter-Paul Koch" <gassinaumasis(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Wed, 28 Jun 2000 20:20:15 GMT
 To:  bckman(at)ix.netcom.com,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>1. It can be used anywhere HTML is used.
>2. The learing curve from HTML to XHTML is shallow.
>3. XHTML is XML.

All true.

>The last point is extreamly important. It means that if one authors in
>XHTML
>one can use all the XML tools that are available to manipulate ones pages.

Hmmm...a point. Personally I don't need them but I can see that some people
would like this very much.

>Further more pages authored in XHTML can be converted by proxy servers to
>forms suitable for small devices, television, phones, voice browsers etc.

Hadn't heard this one before. Are these proxy servers available *right now*?

If they are, doesn't this mean we should write a sort of server side XHTML
which is 'translated' to whatever language the device needs?

ppk