Re: CSS again and relative links

by "Peter-Paul Koch" <gassinaumasis(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Thu, 29 Jun 2000 09:22:07 GMT
 To:  rjp(at)mail.tele.dk,
hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>sorry to keep plaguing everyone with my questions, but I found an
>inconsistency between what I read and what I found in practice.

The inconsistency is between Netscape and Explorer. It's related to another
inconsistency I describe on http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js under General =>
Inconsistency.

Example:
In root there are:
- index.html
- css dir, containing style.css
- img dir, containing img.gif

index.html calls the style sheet like : css/style.css

Now if you put in the style sheet:

BODY {background-image: url(../img/img.gif)},
so a link relative to the style sheet, it only works in Explorer.

For Netscape, use a link relative to the page itself, so in this example you
need
BODY {background-image: url(img/img.gif)}

Try it for yourself to see what I mean. Solution: Use absolute paths.

ppk