RE: javascript location

by "Kim A. Woodbridge" <kimwoodbridge(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Thu, 13 Jul 2000 06:12:36 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Thanks to everyone who replied.  What Tim wrote below
works but each line of the URL is a new paragraph so
there is a space between each line.  I replaced 'p'
with 'li', which seems to work although I don't see it
as very clean solution.  It's true that using a table
within the script tags doesn't work - I had actually
tried that before I posted to the list.

Also, someone (ppk) told me to try this

var x = window.location
var y =new Array();
y = x.split('/');
var len = y.length - 1;
var z = '';
for (i=0;i<len;i++)
{
  z = z + y[i] + "/<WBR>";
}
z = z + y[len];
document.write(z);

I did but nothing displayed in the browser at all (and
I did put script tags around it :)  I'm not sure if I
did something wrong.

Thanks again, and all suggestions are appreciated.

Kim Woodbridge
kimwoodbridge(at)yahoo.com