Re: Hiding source code

by "Peter-Paul Koch" <gassinaumasis(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Sat, 15 Jul 2000 01:40:26 GMT
 To:  rebecca(at)thatnicecomputerlady.com,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Hello!
>I have a client who wants his source code hidden.  Is there any relaible
>way to do this without adversely affecting search engine rankings?

There's no way to hide the source code. The script posted earlier works only
in IE and is simple to go around, another way is to start with about 100
white lines in your code, yet another way is to put all HTML on one line,
but it only stops people who don't know HTML anyway.

So: tell your client it's impossible.

ppk