Re: Kehvan's ASP

by "Eric Anderson" <blainesoft(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Mon, 24 Jul 2000 12:55:10 EDT
 To:  wulin(at)netzero.net,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

>On a project that I am working, I just recently created ASP files by
>basically cutting and pasting HTML into pre-created ASP code. I did note at
>first its resemblance to VBScript, though I do not know vbscript (I know
>what it looks like).

There is no such thing as "ASP code" because ASP is a method for doing
something, not a language. What you most likely saw was VBScript which is
one of the many ways -- and most common way -- of building ASP pages. There
are many others, however, including Javascript, Visual Basic, Visual C++
etc.

>I have heard of ASP's functionality benefits and would like to learn more
>about it.
>
>I have been to ASPtoday and ASP this and that, but have been seriously
>unsuccesful in finding a decent tutorial or beginner's version of the
>study.
>Please advise.

There is an excellent VBScript tutorial that you can download for free from
the Microsoft web site. Microsoft also has a number of on-line tutorials
available from its site.

The book to buy is Beginning ASP from Wrox Press. It is considered, by many,
to be the best introduction to working with Active Server Pages.

Eric Anderson