Re: hwg-techniques-digest V1 #967

by Alicia Brooker <dcalicia(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Thu, 27 Jul 2000 12:03:57 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

> There are services such as http://www.beseen.com/
> that allow you to add
> their "free" applications to your site.  BeSeen has
> a guestbook which may
> meet your needs.
>
> Disclaimer:  I've never used it, so I don't know how
> well it works (I'm
> personally skeptical of these kinds of applications
> which don't give me
> control <g>).  I'd appreciate anybody else's
> thoughts on this.

I use server.com to run a bulletin board.  The
security is nice - if anyone breaks the board open,
their access is limited to the server.com site and not
to any of my pages - but my control over the board is
very limited.

I can't use Cascading Style Sheets or fine tune the
board program, and server.com displays advertising
unless I cough up $$$ which would be better spent on
upgrading some of my site services.  Also, the
different parameters, ie/ board title, header and
trailer sections for each page/post, will only let me
type in so much html code before I run out of space.

Alicia.