Re: hwg-techniques-digest V1 #1055

by Alicia Brooker <dcalicia(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Fri, 3 Nov 2000 05:16:18 -0800 (PST)
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
> > Umm, since Netscape stores it's bookmarks as an
> HTML page, why not just add
> > a favourites link in IE to the Netscape bookmark
> file (<netscape install
> > directory>\Users\<profilename>\bookmark.html on
> Windows)?
>
> Because you can't *use* the bookmarks in IE, which
> is the whole
> point. A bookmark file is a living, breathing
> thing...this is just a
> static link.

I used to do this.  Everytime I clicked on 'Netscape
links', IE'd bring up the bookmark file like it was a
local html page, and I'd proceed as normal from there.

Y'know, your ultimate solution just might be to open a
Yahoo account, and set up the nifty Yahoo bookmarks
section with all of your bookmarks.  That way, you
wouldn't have to needlessly worry about Netscape or IE
or Opera ever again!

[grining and ducking]

Alicia.

=====