Re: hwg-techniques-digest V1 #1058

by Adam Lau <adamlau(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Sun, 5 Nov 2000 14:30:53 -0800 (PST)
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
> That's interesting...Netscape 4.7.5 just came out and it's dandy.

Netscape 4.7.6 just came out. Dandy it is not.

> I use nothing else, and remove all MS browsers from all computers I service.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...

> It displays all my designs perfectly.

Full of tables and deprecated design elements? Take a quick look at the XHTML
Working Draft and see what the future holds for oversights in design.

> I then use IE to see what it has
> screwed up and try to work around it, but it usually takes more code.

Are you using IE3? Try using IE5+. Better yet, IE5.5 with support for XML.

> I think there are more NC users than you would imagine, I don't know
> anyone who uses IE. Forget Netscape 6 - it's basically and AOL abomination.

NS6=Code Bloat, yes. But it supports CSS1 better than Netscape 4 and has
promising support for XML 1.x. Forget the flexibility and the power XML? No
way.

=====

Adam Lau
USAsportspick.com http://www.usasportspick.com/