Re: flash in valid html

by "J.J.SOLARI" <jjsolari(at)pobox.com>

 Date:  Sat, 9 Dec 2000 11:50:07 +0100
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Sat, 9 Dec 2000 01:10:00 -0000, "Nick Doylend"
<ndoylend(at)hashishin.net> wrote:

>How do I embed Flash into valid HTML?  Flash's built in HTML generators
use
>both "object" and "embed" to cover both IE and NN.  The "embed" isn't
valid
>HTML but the Flash won't display in Netscape using just "object" and
>"param".  Are there any workarounds here?  Thanks, Nick

Nick,

yes, <embed> in <object> is Macromedia's recommandation.

Unless you use a custom dtd to validate your page against, there is no
workaround, fwik.

If you were to follow that 'custom dtd' path, I commited a page on this
very same subject at:
<http://www.yoyodesign.org/doc/dtd/dtden.html>

hih,

JJS.