Re: hand-coding vrs WYSWYG

by Steve <sdeemer(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Wed, 13 Dec 2000 12:30:11 -0800 (PST)
 To:  Lisa <webmaster(at)truckinlife.com>,
John Starkey <jstarkey(at)advancecreations.com>,
Dandello <librarian(at)shadolibrary.org>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Telnet is a protocol not a program:
It is a way of comunicating to a Unix Evnviroment.
It is bacically only a shell of that that DOS is in
Windows.
VI is a Program you use it with the Protocol of Telnet
Sessions..
    You can use anothe rprogram to TelNet into a Unix
Box.. Such as Exceed. But you could simply type in
telnet in the Start/Run of Windows

Most people have or still do use Telnet for quite a
few things..

I for one was offended by this thread....
It was quite Clear that John nad Dandello where
talking about using VI through Telnet to edit Live
Docs on the server they were in no way telling us they
use a program called Telnet as an editor.

=====
    www.pc-wizard.net       Mr.Wizard(at)pc-wizard.net