Re: Resources to check for MAC

by Susan Vollmer <susanvollmer(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Mon, 19 Mar 2001 04:44:05 -0800 (PST)
 To:  "hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
martyh(at)cinci.rr.com
  todo: View Thread, Original
> > I am looking for resources that will explain the
> differences in web page
> > rendering on a MAC as opposed to a PC.  I have
> found some references on the
> > list to font sizes but not much else.
> >
> > Since I only have a PC, its hard to check things.

Hi Marty,

This probably isn't very scientific, but basically
what I do is the following:

--I like large type anyway so I tend to use larger
sizes.

--As I create any images, I do the toggle view in
Fireworks under "Edit" which shows the lighter version
of how it would render on a Mac.  (I believe that
PhotoShop and other graphics packages offer this
feature also.)

--Whenever I take a community college course in the
evenings, I try to go to one of the labs with Macs in
it and bring up my pages live before class starts.

Hope this helps.

Susan V.