Re: Hierarchical Menus

by EmeraldSpirit <emerald_spirit(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Fri, 18 May 2001 10:39:52 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

I created my own drop-down menu system but would like
to implement a cleaner and more browser-friendly
version.  I was looking over this tool and am
intrigued.  I've downloaded the demo version and
created a very simple menu that works well in their
preview mode.

However, before I plunk down $65 for this tool I was
wondering how accurate you've found the preview mode
to be.  Also, how difficult is the tool to place on a
web site?  I understand it creates a menu.js file
which will obviously need to be included in the HTML
javascript code.  I also assume it creates other HTML
code for the placement of the menu.  It says its done
entirely in DHTML, but for verification purposes,
there are no server side extensions needed, correct?
Also, this code wouldn't mess up some of my
mouse-overs that have already been implemented would
it?

Sorry for all the questions.  I just want to make sure
that I don't go on a wild goose chase.  I have to have
a new site for our company up within a month including
all the bells and whistles.

TIA
Rebecca

http://software.xfx.net/utilities/dmbuilder/download.htm

> At 01:15 PM 5/14/01 -0400, Ryan Bell wrote:
> >Does anyone happen to have any easy-to-implement
> javascript/dhtml
> >hierarchical menu scripts?  I tried one
> (HierMenus), but walking through it
> >twice, still could not get it to function right.
> Any suggestions?  I want
> >it to mimic the one on http://www.nctm.org/
> (doesn't necessarily have to be
> >graphical though).
> >
> >Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks ahead of
> time.
> >
> >Ryan

> Melanie Gann
> Second Street Web Design